Structural steel detailing is a vital process of structural design and demands near-99% accuracy and reliability .
A tiny error can lead to a reduction of valuable time and money. Structural steel detailing is an important and mandatory process in all types of manufacturing and construction activities, such as erection all type of buildings, factories and institutes, as well as shipbuilding. The steel detail is a necessary ‘communications link’ that connects key experts such as engineers, designers, contractors, fabricators and others–all of whom are separately and collectively in charge of the highest levels of reliability at each stage.
Steel Detailing process involves two main types of drawings
- Shop drawings
- Erection drawings.
Steel detailing standards:-steel detailing standards of different countries as follows:
- American Institute of Steel Construction (AISC)
- American Welding Society (AWS)
- National Institute of Steel Detailing (NISD)
- Canadian Institute of Steel Construction
- Australian Institute of Steel Construction
- Euro Codes and British Standard Codes